South Indian food is one of the most loved cuisines in the country owing to its health benefits and delightful taste. But, for cooking the south Indian dishes at home, you need to have some special piece of cookware & appliances. For those who prefer eating appam or idli for breakfast, the best appam maker is essential cookware. Hence, today we will be reviewing the Best Appam Maker in India so that your preferred breakfast dish is perfectly cooked every single time.
The appams are shaped like a sliced ball and hence, the top appam makers comprise perfectly carved cavities to pour in the thick batter. Subsequently, the batter needs to be cooked for some minutes on a stove to get the desired taste. Moreover, you can find different appam makers online coming with a distinct number of cavities. So, choose the best-rated appam maker that comes with sufficient cavities to easily cater to your family’s requirements.
Best Appam Makers in India 2021 – Product Reviews
The Appam Patra is made of nonstick coating, and hence only minimum oil is needed to cook. You can make delicious Appams without compromising the taste. A wooden spoon is ideal for flipping over the food. It is hassle-free and easy to wash. It does not require hard scrubbing and can be easily washed off with liquid soap or water. Scratch and Abrasion Resistant Technology help prevent corrosion, rust, and scratches. Hence this product is exceptionally durable. There are 12 cavities in it. The best part of it is it does not allow food to stick to the bottom.
- Comes with 12 cavities for catering to a larger family with ease
- The Aluminium material makes the appam maker lightweight
- Comprises nonstick coating does not allow food residue to stick
- Equipped with the ergonomic handles for holding effectively
- Offers a stainless steel lid to ensure faster cooking performance
- Lower Oil Requirement
- Effortless Scooping
- Lightweight Aluminium Body
- Might cook unevenly at times
- Doesn’t come with any warranty
Ideal for preparing South Indian delicacies, the Tosaa Appam Patra can be a perfect choice. This appam patra comes with 12 cavities. It requires very little oil to cook and is perfect for those trying to control weight. The heat resistant handle helps in safe and comfortable cooking. It has been equipped with the triple-layer German coating comprising a non-stick inner layer and heavy-gauge aluminum, which is non-toxic by nature. The nonstick coating does not allow food residue to stick on and is also scratch-resistant. It is of good quality and lasts longer. It can even be cleaned using a dishwasher for super convenience.
- Keeps your hands safe with the sturdy insulated handles
- Equipped with the durable Triple-Layer German Coating
- Allows for effortless usage & maintenance devoid of hassles
- Can be cleaned using a dishwasher for added convenience
- Provides 1-year warranty on the pan to counter the defects
- Non-Toxic Pan Material
- Lightweight Aluminium Body
- Triple Layer German Coating
- Isn’t an induction-friendly appam maker
- May experience uneven cooking at times
The next appam pan is from the house of Hawkins that comes with a stay-cool handle for easier cooking and handling. The coating is of high quality made from Germany, and hence it is long-lasting. It is made with a unique patented process and entirely compatible with gas stoves. Crafted with Die-Cast Technology, this appam pan offers ample thickness at every required spot for even heat distribution. It has a 2-year warranty to keep away from the after-purchase worries. Moreover, there is an integrated bracket cum flame guard for added convenience whilst cooking. Also, you can see the appams cooking evenly owing to the toughened heat-proof glass lid provided with the pan.
- Fortified with Die-Cast Technology for even heat distribution
- Comes with the PFOA-Free 3-Layer German Non-Stick Coating
- The handle stays cool with the integrated bracket cum guard
- Helps you keep a watch on the food with the transparent lid
- Provides 2-years warranty on the pan to counter the defects
- Outer German Ceramic Coating
- Toughened Heat-Proof Glass Lid
- Inbuilt Bracket cum Flame Guard
- Not an induction-compatible cookware
- The size of the pan is relatively smaller
This appam pan gives the user the best experience and healthy cooking in one go. It has a new and improved double coating that lasts longer and does no harm to the food. It is compatible with the gas top only. However, care must be taken to avoid using metal spatulas, knives, whisks. It should not be overheated. It is nonstick and is safe to use with the dishwasher. It has one year of warranty, and only manufacturing defects are covered. It can be used on induction stoves. It comes in a grey color. The handle is sturdy, and metal spoons can be used with it. It can withstand scratches and corrosions and hence lasts longer. It is black and has a warranty period of one year.
- Crafted out of Aluminium and comprises 12 appam cavities
- Equipped with the durable Bakelite handle for a stronger grip
- Comes with a transparent glass lid with increased strength
- The scratch and abrasion-resistant technology for longer life
- Provides 1-year warranty on the pan to counter the defects
- Effortless Maintenance & Usage
- Sturdy Material for Even Heat Distribution
- Longer Handle for Regulated Movement
- The packaging needs to be improved
- Only compatible with the gas stoves
Tossa pans are well known for their sturdiness, flawlessness, and perfect finish. It is ideal for making tasty appams. It is compatible with the gas stove. It is made of PFOA and chemical-free material, which ensures healthy cooking. PFOA is an environment-friendly product. It has 12 cavities, and the color of the pan is black. There is a lid included. The pan is coated with German nonstick material and has superior heat conductivity. Food does not stick to the bottom. It must be cleaned thoroughly with mild soap or detergent and with a dishcloth or sponge. Care has to be taken to avoid high heat. It is round in shape with black in color. It has a warranty of 1 year. It helps save cooking oil, fuel, and time.
- Crafted from chemical and PFOA-free material for safety
- Made from the high-quality heavy-gauge Aluminium
- Aids oil-free cooking with the German Non-Stick Coating
- Comes with a stainless steel lid to ensure faster cooking
- Offers a sturdy longer handle to facilitate easy handling
- Superior Heat Conductivity
- Durable Heavy-Gauge Aluminium
- Easy Maintenance & Cleaning
- Relatively smaller in size
- Cannot be used to cook on high flame
It is one of the best appam pans. It fits properly on the gas stove and cooks evenly. It is made up of aluminum material, and the lid is included. It comes with a Bakelite handle. It is coated with good Teflon coating. Less oil is used and hence ideal for maintaining calories. The thickness is perfect. It is neither thick nor thin. It comes with a lid and spatula. The size and weight are also ideal. It comes with a warranty of 12 months and is not considered dishwasher safe. It is available in black color. It cannot be used on induction stoves.
- Superior-quality cookware for cooking low-calorie foods
- Comes with the 2-coat technology that is internally reinforced
- Offers 12 appam cavities to cater even to the large households
- Comprises a stainless steel lid to ensure a faster cooking process
- Provides the wooden & plastic picker for scooping the appams
- Scratch-Resistant Coating
- Low-Calorie Cookware
- Uniform Heat Distribution
- The appam cavities are relatively smaller
- High-flame cooking needs to be avoided
A versatile pan is used for cooking various food items like panniarrams, neyyappam, puddus, and others. Even soft littis, bati are prepared. It is made of aluminum material and compatible with gas stoves. It comes with a wooden picker and stainless steel lid, which has a top handle. It is available in a marble grey color. It has three layers of nonstick coating and suits only gas tops. The coating is Teflon with a residue-free surface. It uses minimal oil, and hence you can cook fat-free foods. It has 12 pits and helpful to prepare quick, tasty snacks. You must use soapy water with a sponge scrubber for washing. Smart cookware is suitable for your kitchen and ideal for different cooking methods.
- Equipped with the Non-Stick Teflon Residue-Free Coating
- Comes with a stainless steel lid with a top plastic knob
- Offers easy maintenance and cleaning with durable material
- The pan comes with handles on two sides for easy handling
- Comprises 12 appam cavities to cook even for a large family
- 3-Layer Residue-Free Coating
- Long-Lasting Stainless Steel Lid
- Healthy Oil-Free Cooking
- Cannot be used on induction stoves
- The handles may be a bit flimsy
Best Appam Makers in India – Buyer’s Guide
On the market, you can find a variety of brands manufacturing different appam makers. Hence, we need to consider the top aspects & features to catch a hold on the best appam maker for our kitchen. Here are the top appam pans considerations that you need to keep in mind:
In case, you don’t have any budget constraint, then we would suggest you go with the appam makers manufactured by top brands. You can go with Prestige, Tosaa, Hawkins, and Anjali, which are some of the trustworthy brands as far as the appam makers and other cookware are considered.
Also, the Best Appam Maker Brands in India offer superior build-quality along with a decent product warranty. Moreover, they could be relatively expensive than other options but take away possible after-sales problems.
If you prefer cooking in a healthy manner using less oil or ghee, we would recommend our users to choose the appam makers that are equipped with a non-stick coating. Most of the appam makers are equipped with a food-grade non-stick coating to allow for residue-free cooking.
Thus, you can prepare oil-free healthy appams at home without any problems. Also, the appam makers with a durable non-stick coating are quite easy to clean since the food residue won’t stick to the surface. The pan or patra can be washed easily with lukewarm detergent water.
Then, you need to focus on the material that is utilized to manufacture the appam pan to verify the build-quality of the piece of cookware. A majority of appam makers reviewed above have been crafted from Aluminium, which makes them lightweight and easier to handle. As a result, you can enjoy added convenience when using the appam maker for cooking.
Moreover, Aluminium is a good conductor of heat and hence, you can enjoy faster cooking and even heat distribution. Also, you tend to save fuel in the process that can help save a decent sum of money. Therefore, we would suggest our users choose the Aluminium pans over the other materials available.
Then, you can find some appam makers in the market that offer additional attachments or accessories so that cooking appams could be hassle-free. Some brands offer a wooden spatula so that the appams could be scooped out easily. As a result, your hands will be safe from acquiring any burns. Also, the non-stick coating will work for an even longer time and the pan won’t be scratched whilst cooking.
Moreover, you can find appam makers with handles on either side of the pan or the ones with a single yet longer handle. With the variety of options available online, we would recommend you to select the one that makes the task effortless and convenient. Then, we have the pan lid or cover that facilitates uniform heat distribution for cooking perfect appams.
Recommendation for Quick Buyers
As we have completed the appam maker reviews, you will agree with the fact that choosing the Best Appam Maker in India isn’t a tough task if you adhere to the Appam Maker Buying Guide. Moreover, you will have to compare the available options to choose the best appam maker that matches your style of cooking. Also, we would suggest our users choose the appam makers that offer additional accessories like a lid & wooden spatula for a hassle-free experience.
However, if still there are a few users who haven’t been able to select a top appam maker for their kitchen, then you can go with the personal recommendation. The appam maker that we would recommend to our users is the Prestige Omega Select Plus Non-Stick Paniyarakkal with Lid, which comes with scratch & abrasion-resistant technology to ensure longer usage. Moreover, with the 3-layer PFOA-Free Non-Stick Coating, you can easily prepare the appam & idli in a healthy manner even at home.